Reflecting on Learning

We live in societies surrounded by people from different cultures, languages, religions, ethnicities, and more. These differences represent the people's social identities; however, there are still issues of diversity, equity, and social justice that most people face nowadays. Hence, it is crucial for us as early childhood professionals to promote and address these issues to children, their families, and societies to reduce the problems and support the children's development and wellbeing.

The most important lesson learned from studying these issues is the respect of similarities and differences in children. Understanding differences and similarities of children's identities in the program and being aware of diversity can result in high performance at multiple levels since other groups of identities are mindful and respectful. It also enhances children’s self-esteem, confidence, and how they relate to others. I set up my goal to support and enhance diversity awareness in the early childhood field. In that case, I will also feel passionate to learn about the issues occurring in military children and their families to gain an understanding and awareness of diversity in early childhood education, which can also motivate me to strive to improve the quality of children’s development and well-being by reducing the inequities or other issues in this field. Therefore, passion gives us discovery and a purpose to strive to excel in early childhood education.

I am thankful and appreciate the comments and support from all of my colleagues through this class which gives me mental support and expands my knowledge on other sides that I have not thought about. Our journey of this course ends here but I will keep the knowledge that you all provide to imply in my personal and professional life. Thank you and good luck with the last course! 

Comments

  1. Hello Sawin,

    I have really enjoyed learning with you these past several weeks. Your posts have been very informative and I appreciate all the feedback you have given as well. I admire your passion for working with military children and families as you seek to build stronger connections and awareness of diversity and differences that enriches our understanding of others. Furthermore, I wish you much success as you continue your journey in education and use the valuable skills gained in your anti-bias work. Best of luck!
    - Juanita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts