What I Have Learned

  


  My personal and professional knowledge and practices have been grown and deepened a lot since the course began. From the course discussions that my classmates share their thoughts and understanding of early childhood, the professor, Dr. Janet Kien, gave valuable advice, my colleagues' blogs that inspire and exchange knowledge. I hope that I can bring my anti-bias knowledge to work with children and families to create an awareness of diversity and an inclusive environment for every child and their family.

    As an early childhood professional, my main goal has not been changed: becoming a Navy CYP trainer who trains other caregivers to be psychologically and mentally ready to provide high-quality care for children with my anti-bias knowledge. I will also bring all the knowledge that I have gained through this master's program to them with in-depth knowledge and tips to border caregivers' practices, support children's development, and enhance the early childhood program (CYP). I just received a promotion to become a child home care inspector and I feel very confident to become a Navy CYP trainer in the future. I have gained expertise and practices to support early childhood educators, young children, and families of young children mentally and physically by providing knowledge, techniques, and child development resources.
    
    Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and thoughts in this class and I hope to work with all of you until we complect these courses! 

Comments

  1. Hello Sawin,

    I have really enjoyed learning with you in this course. Thank you so much for being open and sharing your thoughts, ideas, and personal experiences as we continued on our journey towards becoming an anti-bias educator. I admire your passion and dedication to your work as you support children and families learning to get along and respecting each other’s differences and cultures. It is critical for all educators to become advocates for children in our care and to find a voice to speak up against inequity and demand social justice for all children and people. Thanks for all of your support in class. I wish you much success!
    - Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sawin,
    Congratulations on your promotion! I know based on the knowledge that you display on the weekly discussion posts that you will do great things for the cause of Anti-Bias curriculum. Congratulations once again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts