Time Well Spent



 I still cannot believe that this is my last post! We have come so far since the first day we started this program. My personal and professional knowledge and practices have been grown and deepened a lot since the program started. After learning the course, EDUC 6163/EDUC 5163: Building Research Competencies, I have found that research provides the essential knowledge that values and promotes children's development and reduces issues occurring with children. I have started to use more research as references when giving any child's parents suggestions to support their wellbeing. In EDUC 6164 Perspectives on Diversity and Equity, the lesson learned from studying these issues is social identity. According to Deaux (2001), social identity indicates people defining themselves in social categories as their group memberships. This meaning takes a flexible shape in particular social contexts, and most people can be members of various groups. Understanding different identities in society and being aware of diversity can result in high performance at multiple levels since other groups of identities are mindful and respectful. In EDUC 6358: Strategies for Working with Diverse Children, I have developed several approaches and strategies to enhance anti-bias education for young children and their families. Many early childhood settings approach multicultural provision through celebrating festivals and exploring the foods and music of particular countries or holidays, which usually indicates genuine cultural responsiveness to families’ needs, aspirations, and desires.

Recently my professional dream for the early childhood field has been changed. I want to become a part of policymakers for headquarter of the military childcare program in the Pentagon. I want to advocate the early childhood programs and military children and their families through my knowledge and experience from this M.S. in Early Childhood Studies and the early childhood field. As an immigrant and person in the LGBTQ community, I would like to use my work as a platform to dedicate, support, and enhance the diversity awareness in military childcare programs by being a part of the policymakers in the Pentagon.

From the course discussions that my classmates share their thoughts and understanding of educational cores in the early childhood field, all professors gave valuable advice, the blogs of my colleagues that inspire and exchange knowledge. As a Child Development Homes Monitor, I will share my knowledge from this class with other caregivers as this can establish a quality and healthy child program for Military families. Thank you so much for all the support and help! I will use this knowledge to support and enhance diversity awareness in the early childhood education field! 

If you have any questions or need help please contact me via Sawin.Thongloy@navy.mil 

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I wish you the best of luck on your professional journey in the early childhood field as well as managing your own program. You got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawin,

    It has been a pleasure reading your discussions and blogs throughout this course. I would like to congratulate you on a job well done. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a pleasure reading your discussions and blog, they have always been informative. I wish you the best of luck on your aspirations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts