Relationship Reflection

Relationships are the foundation of social-emotional health and they can be in many forms, they also can cause positive or negative impacts on us. As humans, we need the affection, attention, and acceptance of other people. Relationships are such an important part of the human experience that it is difficult to think about what our lives would be like without them. Some of the relationships are professional and others are personal. Some are superficial, while others are rooted in a strong bond. 

If I think about my favorite memories as a child, there was another person with me in most of them. We all need people in our lives to bring us joy, to measure our potential, to learn from, and to live with. 


Relationship with my family (Personal)


Me and My Parents in Thailand


Me and My Inlaw family in the USA

I am thankful to have people who always support and uplift me. My parents are my best friends since I was born, they support me with everything, they sent me to study aboard in Australia to learn my English and support my Education. My spouse and inlaw family are also very supportive win the decision including advanced my graduate education from Walden University.  Good supports from the ones who know us best are very critical. Positive relationships with the ones we trust help us feel good about ourselves and encourage us to be confident and participatory in whatever we are doing.

Friendship


These are my close friends in college and still now. We help each other study and share many experiences together. Friendships are a necessary part of our social-emotional development. Friendships allow us to "broaden their horizons beyond the family unit, begin to experience the outside world, form a self-image, and develop a social support system." Because the ability to establish and maintain friendships will be necessary throughout our lives, it is considered one of the most important goals of social-emotional development for humans.


After reflecting on my relationships, I realize that children’s ability to establish relationships is a crucial part of social-emotional development. This ability will help children be successful as they grow. It is important to promote positive relationships with children. As an early childhood educator, I would promote all types of relationships in children, including family relationships, friendship, adult-child relationships, and more to enhance their social-emotional skills. And these positive relationships will also create a strong foundation for the children to learn and develop other skills in their lives.

Comments

  1. Sawin, great blog post. It looks like you have a great support team and meaningful relationships. I can see that you appreciate the many relationships that you are blessed with. I agree with you comment about that children's ability to develop relationships is important in social-emotional development and that our job is to foster that development. Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawin,

    It seems like life could not be any better for you when it comes to relationships in your life. It is important in life to have those positive relationship because without them, we are a blank page. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing to have family all over the world to support you. Relationships are hard work, and I can only imagine cross continental. Your pictures show true love and friendship relationships. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Win,
    Thank you for adding that children need relationships too. As teachers we must remember what it took to form the relationships that we have outside of our family. Knowing this I have to provide time for them to build the relationship and sustain it. They too can learn from their friends just like we do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Win, thank you so much for sharing the different relationships in your life. I am glad that you have a strong support team. You are completely right, we all need people to help us grow and to teach us new things about life. In early childhood education is important that we as educators promote the importance of building strong relationships with one another. In early education, this may be children’s first time being submerged in a group of children their age and it may be hard for some to make friends or make the initial move to converse with someone in their age group. It may be some of their first times learning about what it means to share. I don't just mean share toys but attention from their caregiver as well. This is a great age to teach and help develop children’s emotional intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sawin,
    Thank you for letting us into your life. Your family and friends seems to be a big part of your life. And I agree that social-emotional is a big part of establishing a positive relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sawin,
    I like your resolution at the end of your blog that you would promote all types of relationships in children, including family relationships, friendship, adult-child relationships, and more to enhance their social-emotional skills. I totally agree with you.
    Tasneem

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sawin,

    Thank you for this post. The way is it written is truly incredible. I agree that all forms of relationships are important in our lives. I can agree as well that I would not be the person I am without these relationships.

    - Emily Nevels

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts