When I Think of Child Development


12 Quotes: Technology in the Classroom | Technology quotes ...


    I strongly agree with John Dewey that we, early childhood professionals, must update and keep our teaching strategies posted with new techniques and technologies nowadays. I work with children ages 6 weeks to 5 in a childcare center environment. I use technology to support learning and development in several ways especially in the preschool age group. One of my favorites is through a classroom job called the journalist. The journalist is responsible for taking pictures on the tablet during center time to document the activities of the other students in the class and reporting about one picture during the closing circle. The picture will be printed and shown in the classroom. The simplicity of the activity makes it easy to implement in a variety of settings, using different technology tools, with the only requirement being the ability to take a picture.

 

46 Best Diversity Quotes images | Diversity quotes, Quotes, Diversity

A NOTE OF THANKS TO EVERY ONE ATTENDING THIS CLASS

I would like to say thank you for every knowledgable discussions, blogs, and comments throughout this course. It has been a very pleasant journey for me to learn more about early childhood education. I hope we keep in touch and help each other with other classes. I wish yall the best in everything! 

Thank you

Sawin Thongloy

Comments

  1. Sawin.
    Love, love, love the quote. Today at school we had a meeting with the diversity committee and were discussing how children see each other. I am definitely using that quote. The journalist’s idea is excellent as well. I am taking that one two.
    Thank you for all the fantastic ideas
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawin you have been a great contributor to our class. Your blog post and discussion forum information has been outstanding. Your I enjoy reading whatever you write. I love your idea of a journalist job. I think I will try it this year. Thank you for sharing. See you for our next 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Win,
    The way you care for children as if they are your own is amazing!! You are going to make a great leader someday in the early childhood field. I can't wait to see what you have to add for our next course.
    Susaye

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts